Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Reading

This is a blog post that I really like. Fiction today may be really entertaining, and seem to have no harm, but is it really helping you in anyway? If not, you might as well put it down and read A Tale of Two Cities, Les Miserables, or a modern classic, such as The Hunger Games.
A lot of fiction today doesn't have good morals, quite a bit of it has bad morals, and some of it is just pure fluff, even though some of it is really good.
When you think about, there really isn't that much time to read. We only live approximately 80 years, and we should use our lives for good.

http://familymatters.net/blog/2012/04/11/love-darcy-a-classic-reminder/

2 comments:

  1. So true! I actually was pondering this the other day. All I want to read lately our books that lift me up and our spiritually nourishing. I'm reading Sheri Dew's book "No One Can Take Your Place" right now and I just can't get enough of it. If you ever want to come peruse the books I have feel free. I have a lot of church books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That would be awesome sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete