Friday, May 25, 2012

The Hunger Games

I read The Hunger Games series a couple months ago, thinking it would be a fun thing to read. Well, I was sadly mistaken, because I didn't like them, although I couldn't stop reading them.

A few weeks ago, I started a Hunger Games class, because I was intrigued by these books.

Now I have found a lot of meaning that I couldn't have even guessed at before. When I try to discuss The Hunger Games with a lot of people, the discussion ends up being about whether Peeta or Gale should end up with Katniss, but there is a lot more meaning.

In my class, we keep a notebook with a page for Ahas! (it has to have an exclamation point :P), I-Wonders, Questions, Truths, Archetypes, Imagery, Satire, Irony, Symbolism, Foreshadowing, Allusions, Use and Misuse of Personal Power, and Random Acts of Love and Kindness. This helps us to think critically while reading any book.

Anyway, I thought I might share with you all so you can understand why people like or dislike The Hunger Games, past things like, "Peeta is so amazing!", or "Katniss is so awesome.", etc., and so I can give you some tips on thinking critically and expanding your ability to become better.

:)

1 comment: