Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My Funny Valentine

Today, I was listening to Frank Sinatra. As I was enjoying his wonderful voice, the song My Funny Valentine came on. At first I thought it was a kind of strange song, because he pointed out all the faults of this lady, but then I realized that it is really quite sweet. It's one of my favorite songs, because its lyrics are as beautiful as its sound.

Just because we may not be perfect according to the standards of the world, doesn't mean we aren't wonderful in our own special ways. We are unique, and beautiful.

Here are the lyrics:

"My funny valentine
Sweet comic valentine
You make me smile with my heart
Your looks are laughable
Unphotographable
Yet you're my favourite work of art

Is your figure less than greek
Is your mouth a little weak
When you open it to speak
Are you smart?

But don't change a hair for me
Not if you care for me
Stay little valentine stay
Each day is valentines day"
(Note: I just looked up the lyrics online.)

Here is a recording of Frank Sinatra singing this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKvrSHVsRDo

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Just the right thought to cap the day! Thanks for your inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome!
    I'm glad that it helped. :)

    ReplyDelete