Monday, December 23, 2013

The Christmas Star

One day a couple of weeks ago I was listening to some Christmas music, and a song came on that talked about the star above Bethlehem. I do not remember which song it was, because a lot of songs talk about that same thing. But it made me think about that star.
You guys probably know all of this stuff that I'm going to write about today, but it was an epiphany for me. Before this I did not really know why people cared about this star so much. Yeah, I was glad that it was there, because it showed people where Jesus was. Other than that  it didn't really matter to me.
Here's what I learned:
That star was visible to everybody. But not everybody who saw it realized its significance.
Christ shows us the way to salvation through himself, as that star led people to him.
Christ gives the world spiritual light, just as that star shining so brightly provided physical light.
Christ provides direction in our life. When we are confronted with different options, all claiming to give us happiness, he shows us what to choose. This star showed these wise men that the way to eternal happiness didn't lie with their gold and riches. He laid in a stable in Bethlehem.

"O Star of wonder, star of light
Star with royal beauty bright
Westward leading, still proceeding
Guide us to thy perfect light."
-We Three Kings of Orient Are

No comments:

Post a Comment