Sunday, April 6, 2014

"I'm Glad That You Were Born"

My family takes care of a baby five days a week, for about twelve hours every day. I love this baby very dearly.
When I am around her, I want to be more patient, more kind, and more loving so she can be happy and learn how to be a good person. I want to make sure that she doesn't have to be hurt by my faults. I want to teach her about Christ.
It's strange, how different this is. I love everybody. I especially love my family. But even though I love them just as much as I love this baby, it isn't quite as easy for me to be good around anyone else.
These lyrics from a song in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers express just how I feel about this beautiful baby girl:
"Through your eyes skies look brighter
Grass more green clouds are whiter.
When you're close cares grow lighter,
I'm glad that you were born.
Through your eyes hills stretch higher.
When you smile you inspire hearts to sing in a choir.
I'm glad that you were born.
Born to laugh, born to dream
Born to spread your light.
Through your eyes I see clearer
You being God so much nearer.
Life has grown so much dearer
I'm glad that you were born."

2 comments: