Friday, October 16, 2015

It seems like every day I learn more and there is more conflict between my ideals and my reality.
I would love to believe that statesmen must always hold true and firm to their own personal moral code and stubbornly refuse to give in even one little bit to anything less than shining. But they can't. And they shouldn't.
I would like to believe that everybody can and will cheerfully overcome anything if just given a chance and some encouragement. But they won't. Because not everything is black and white and life isn't a movie where everything ends up happy and all it takes is a little song to make everything better.
I want to know that I can be friends with everyone, and that I can be a support and a help for everyone I meet. But that doesn't happen. Because sometimes people don't like me and other times I simply don't rise up to be a goddess of love and perfection and beauty who shines radiantly upon the whole earth.
I have always believed that there is one way to approach life and that that way is the one I particularly subscribe to. But I know better. There are so many ways and views towards life and I am just one lonely human being trying my best to figure it out.
Things change. I find myself saddened by how much I have changed. But it is a part of growing up and I would not wish to go back to the way I used to view things. Because I want to see things as they are, not as I would like them to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment