Saturday, June 9, 2012

The American Flag


I attended my cousin's high-school graduation today, and they sang the national anthem. I was overcome with the feelings that the sight of the flag inspired in me. The American flag represents the blood, hope, life, courage, sweat, and death that went into establishing and preserving this country as a refuge of freedom.
When we pledge allegiance to the flag, we are pledging to do all that we can to join the heroes who have done their part for our country, whether in war, government, or just by raising a family that loves freedom.
Everybody that is a resident in the United States of America has this duty, young or old. Do it.

2 comments:

  1. Hurrah! a young lady who gets what the flag is all about. Good for you, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! This country is really important to me, and I want to do my small part in promoting it's freedom and prosperity.

    ReplyDelete