Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Integrity

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."
-Mahatma Ghandi

When people are divided, they cannot be happy. It reminds me of a scripture that I read recently:
For man is spirit. The elements are eternal and spirit and element, inseparably connected, receive a fulness of joy; And when separated, man cannot receive a fulness of joy."
-Doctrine and Covenants 93:33-34
I couldn't figure out what this scripture was saying for the longest time. I think it's talking about the reconnection of spirits and bodies after the judgement, but I thought of it in this instant because when a person's body and spirit are not connected, he can't be happy.

Integrity is about being whole and acting according to what you believe. This is what brings happiness, along with virtue.

No comments:

Post a Comment