Thursday, March 14, 2013

Put Your Dreams Away

A little while ago, I was listening to Put Your Dreams Away, sung by Frank Sinatra.
The lyrics are, 
"Put your dreams away for another day
And I will take their place in your heart.
Wishing on a star never got you far
And so it's time to make a new start.

When your dreams at night
Fade before you,
Then I'll have the right
To adore you.

Let your kiss confess this is happiness, darling,
And put all your dreams away."

(The punctuation might not be accurate, as I was just judging by what seemed to make sense.)
I enjoy this song, mostly because I enjoy almost everything sung by Frank Sinatra, but I don't believe this expresses the true meaning of love. Love should build up dreams, instead of replacing them. When you love somebody, you want to help make them happy, and to help accomplish their goals.

Here is a link to Frank Sinatra singing this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBPLs9ns-q4   
It is absolutely beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Right on! I love your concept of surrounding yourself with the thoughts of what you love...and loving what you surround yourself with! It is something we all need to be mindful of in our fast paced lives and busy world. Thanks for the awesome reminder!

    Coincidentally, my wife lived down the road from Mr Sinatra when she was a little girl in Palm Springs. She used to love sitting on the corner on her bike when his limo drove past because he would always wave at her! Lol What an incredible performer he was...and still is in our hearts!
    -Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is part of being with what I love. It's really nice to take time to post on here. :)

    That is so cool! Thank you for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete