Thursday, September 5, 2013

Creating Beauty

"It seems that everyone has a sort of urge within them that drives them to create something beautiful."
-Dallin Hill
My friend said this to me in a conversation we had once, and I find it to be true.
Life would be ultimately pointless without beauty, because beauty urges us to become better. When we create beauty, we enrich life and fulfill part of our missions. This is why everybody wants to create beauty.
This is why artists create art, why writers write, why parents work to give their children good lives, why philosophers search for truth.
This made me consider what I do to create beauty. Some things that I thought of were writing, teaching, photography, improving my character, improving my outward appearance, gardening, doing my chores, and reaching out to make friendships.




I don't know why I've been thinking about beauty so much lately. But it seems that everyday I find something that makes me think more about beauty. Every day.
Because of this, I think I will spend the next few weeks writing about different aspects of beauty. Hopefully you all enjoy it.



No comments:

Post a Comment