Sunday, September 15, 2013

Beauty in Friendship

One area of my life that I consider to be particularly beautiful is all of my friendships. I love my friends so very much. So, today I'm writing about a few different friends of mine and how they make my life more beautiful. I'm excluding my family because I know them too well to limit myself to only a few things, and my adult friends because there would be far too many to write about.
Also, I think it would be weird to mention them by name so I'm only going to use the first letter of their first name. :)

M-
This friend occasionally drives me crazy with his weeks\months of non-communication, but I love him anyway because I am fairly confident he doesn't ignore me on purpose, and he makes me want to be better at educating myself. I can always rely on him to discuss philosophical things with me, even things that other people would consider strange.
J-
This friend can make me laugh anytime. He always sounds enthusiastic to talk to me, he's very complimentary, and is willing to help me with the crazy projects that I start.
F-
This friend helps me with school stuff, inspires me to try harder, and is very kind. She is super smart, and challenges my thinking.
C-
No matter how long I go without talking to her much, I always feel secure in her friendship. She is slightly crazy, hilarious, and can be serious when needed. She is also a nerd who is willing to do nerd stuff with me.
H-
H makes me not take myself so seriously, allows me to have fun, and makes me feel comfortable.
P-
P is kind, funny, gracious, and complimentary. She tries to be a friend to everyone.
D-
D is kind, beautiful, loyal, and I feel like we can always be friends. He's encouraging, even when I'm having a really bad day and he can always make me feel better.
L-
He is funny, charming, and makes me smile when I think of him.
S-
He talks to and listens to me. He is also very funny, and puts up with my weirdness very well.
E-
He is slightly strange, has the best stories, and shares with me what he learns.

All of these people make me want to be better in some way, or make me feel better. They're very different, but the love that I have for all of them is beautiful. And their love for me makes me want to be more beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment