Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Baby Mine

Recently I watched Dumbo. I do not know why I haven't done this more often, since it has the cutest elephant ever created and makes me happy (in some parts). There are so many things I want to write about it here, but I am going to try to focus on just one thing.
In case you don't know, Dumbo is a baby elephant with enormous ears. All of the other elephants (except his mother, Mrs. Jumbo) make fun of him for this. His mother gets locked up in a box all by herself. He's having a very sad life.
Partway through the movie Dumbo is feeling really down and goes to see his mother. She sings this song to him:

"Baby mine, don't you cry.
Baby mine, dry your eyes.
Rest your head close to my heart,
Never to part, baby of mine.

Little one, when you play,
Pay no heed what they say.
Let those eyes sparkle and shine,
Never a tear, baby of mine.

From your head to your toes,
You're not much, goodness knows.
You are so precious to me,
Sweet as can be, baby of mine."

This love reminds me of Jesus on the cross, instructing John to take care of Mary. This is true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment