Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Adapting to Changes

Watch the above video before reading any further.





Doesn't that amaze you? Really.
The biggest take away I had from this video is that there is no way that learning facts and current technologies is going to help me actually know how to do anything.That's it. I will be a fairly useless human being if I graduate high school and college thinking that I am all set for the future. Because the reality of life is changing all the time.
So, why do I get an education? Why don't I just go live in the woods and live alone, separated from all this change?
Because I want to be an extraordinary human. And for me, that means living in the world and doing all sorts of things and changing the world. For that, I need to get out there and embrace what comes.
So I am getting an education to learn how to think. No matter where you are in life, always be practicing how to think. If you're in high school, keep this perspective. If you're in college, keep this perspective. If you're not in any formal school and are getting your education from living, keep this perspective.
Do not let yourself get dragged into thinking that you will be okay with simply learning the facts of now. You need more if you are going to do anything meaningful. So do it. Keep on learning. Keep on questioning. Keep on innovating.

No comments:

Post a Comment