Friday, April 5, 2013

My Garden, Part 1 (again)

This year for one of my school projects I am growing a garden. I try to grow a garden, or at least think about it, every year, but it usually does not work very well. (Last year I tried to grow pumpkins, and they grew decently until slugs ate them, people stepped on them, and they got mowed over by a weed whacker.)
So, I'm trying again. I'm going to grow pumpkins, corn, and Calypso beans. Two days ago I started the pumpkins indoors, where I'm going to let them grow for indoors for three weeks.
This weekend, in between sessions of General Conference (which I'm really excited about), I am planning to build boxes to fill with dirt, compost, and old leaves. Next week, I plan on planting my corn. A week after that, I plan on planting my beans.
I'm going to keep track of my garden on here, as well as in my garden journal, because I find that writing on this blog helps me to think about things better, and it is significantly easier to read something that is typed, rather than written by myself.

Here are the words to The Prophet Said to Plant a Garden, from the Children's Songbook:

 The prophet said to plant a garden, so that's what we'll do.
For God has given rich brown soil, the rain and sunshine too.
And if we plant the seeds just right and tend them carefully,
Before we know, good things will grow to feed our family.
 We'll plant the seeds to fill our needs, then plant a few to spare,
And show we love our neighbors with the harvest that we share.
Oh, won't you plant a garden, too, and share the many joys
A garden brings in health and love to happy girls and boys!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Megan! Let me know if you have any questions or need help!

    ReplyDelete