Friday, April 19, 2013

My Garden, Part 2

Good morning!
Three days after I planted them, my pumpkins started sprouting. I wasn't expecting them to come up as quickly as they did, because it says on the seed packet that it should take between one and two weeks for pumpkins to germinate.

They are very, very tall, and have their true leaves now. I had to weed out all but one plant from each pellet, which made me very sad, but I put the plants that I took out in the compost pile, where they might grow.

Lately, the weather has not been cooperating with my plans. A couple days ago, ten days after the supposed last frost date, it frosted so heavily that we couldn't even open our car doors. The other days it has been raining very heavily.

I do, though have my box built. My dad built it for me, and I bought the lumber.
I also have soil to put in it, which I bought when I got the lumber.

2 comments:

  1. Thats so awesome! I love pumpkins and just love the personal benefits of a garden. Listening to the joy and excitment of your pumpkins brings spring in my mind! Good job Megan!!
    -Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    I am glad you enjoy reading about my garden. They really bring me joy, and I'm glad they do the same for others.

    ReplyDelete