Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Blessing of Music

A few weeks ago, part of my family and I went to a women's retreat for my Grandma's church. This was in Leavenworth, which is a lovely location, and I really enjoyed everything there, except having to be gone on Sunday. The part I enjoyed most, though, was hearing a pianist play at the hotel.

I've always enjoyed music, but I believe this is the first time I loved music. It spoke to my soul, though I didn't know any of the songs except one. I can remember few things more lovely than was this piano at this time.

I now appreciate more fully music, as a gift from God that can bring the Spirit closer. It can intensify our emotions. It can inspire to action.It can bring hope.

Please, find music that speaks to you truly and immerse yourself in it. Listen to it while doing nothing at all. Play it on an instrument. Sing. Anything to help you feel what a blessing music is.

No comments:

Post a Comment