Sunday, June 9, 2013

My Garden, Part 5

My garden is growing much better now.
My pumpkins are green and look healthy. My two connected ones are really big. All of them have flowers now, so I did a little research on when pumpkins should start flowering and when flowers start to turn into fruits. Everything seems to be right on schedule. So far, I've only got male flowers, but that is okay because the female flowers don't usually come until later.
(The difference in appearance between male and female flowers is that the male flowers are on a long and thin stem, while the female flowers are on a short, round thing that looks like a little baby pumpkin.)

My beans are very big. They started growing a couple days after my last post. The only problem I see with the beans is that they are growing faster than the corn, although they didn't start growing unitl a few weeks after the corn.
I planted the beans three in a hole together, but I didn't have the heart to kill them, so I transplanted them to a different part of my box.

My corn is green again, because it's been getting enough sunshine. It is pretty tall, though the beans are taller.



I hope to post a picture of my garden soon, but I cannot transfer any photos from my camera onto my computer right now.





No comments:

Post a Comment