Monday, June 10, 2013

Ninniachel Mentoring

This year, I have been working on starting my own business. It is called Ninniachel Mentoring, and you can read all about it here: Ninniachel Mentoring. My classes start this week.

This post isn't just trying to promote my business, though. It's about what I have learned so far while doing this.

First, while preparing five classes, I have learned a whole lot about how much work it takes for people who teach full time. Preparing just one class was exhausting, and took hours.

Second, I learned about picking and choosing  what I need. For my Beginning World History class, I had to choose what parts I really feel like need to be in the class, and had to cut out some. This was very difficult, and a little bit saddening, because I had to leave out some of my very favorite historical events/people.

Finally, I have learned that when you do something like this, you have to dedicate yourself to it, or it will fail. When I don't think about this constantly, I don't put in the work I need to to ensure that these classes and my business will be great, rather than mediocre.


I have learned more, but this is all I feel like writing about right now.

1 comment:

  1. Megn, this is briliant! You are quite an amazing young lady! I wish to you full support in your endeavors. If you are at all interested in becoming a 'Featured Writer' for Stage Of Life, I am personally reaching out to invite you to contact me at headinnorth@acsalaska.net I have spoken to Eric, the founder and CEO of Stage Of Life about your incredible talent and he is onboard to have you on our team! Whether or not your interested, please keep up on what your doing. Pursue all that you are gifted. You have a true talent and you're a very wise young woman! Thanks for always sharing with us all! I look forward to your new posts each week! :)
    - Greg Phillips
    Editor, Stage Of Life
    www.stageoflife.com

    ReplyDelete