Sunday, July 7, 2013

Love

A couple of day ago,, I watched the movie of and read the book of The Phantom of the Opera. As always, there was a lot of crying involved. However, this was for a different reason than usual. Usually I'm just upset that the Phantom is all alone. This time, I was upset about all of the people who never showed him any love, and created a monster through their harshness.
This had helped to realize that I need to show more love. In our everyday lives, anger doesn't do any good. I have realized this from the many times I have tried to improve something or somebody through anger, no matter how seemingly reasonable that anger was. It has never worked. What has worked, though, is kindness and love.
This is something which I need to work on, because I still respond to things harshly and angrily, especially to those I love most deeply. Anger doesn't work. The world needs more love, to drive out all of the anger and fault and ugliness that exist.

"What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?"
Jean-Jacques Rousseau

No comments:

Post a Comment