Monday, November 11, 2013

Fixing The World

I really enjoy reading articles about things, mainly things that are political. I love seeing different opinions, and sometimes even seeing things that expand my own views. I also sometimes read comments people make, because I think that it is a better source for refining thoughts when people debate with each other.

But most of the time there are people who state things that I think are atrocious. They call each other names. They say things like, "Everybody of a different view than I am must be wrong because obviously I know everything and if they don't agree they must be evil." In short, they act like little children.

If we want to have a better world, shouldn't we work together as individuals? Shouldn't we listen to each other? Shouldn't we think about each other's opinions, instead of automatically putting up our defenses when somebody disagrees? If we don't, we might as well resign ourselves to living in a world with problems. A world with war. A world with poverty. A world with people who don't really know how to love.

I've been guilty of judging people in this way. And yes, there is a right and a wrong. But we don't always know what it is. And just because somebody else doesn't know doesn't mean we have to hate them. Life is far too valuable to waste on spreading anger.



No comments:

Post a Comment