Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Quotes on Reading

“How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book.”
“Books are the treasured wealth of the world and the fit inheritance of generations and nations.”

-Henry David Thoreau

This quote gives me a thrill. Every time I read it, it feels new, but at the same time as if I've known it for my whole life.
One book that I date a new era in my life from is Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. It planted the seed of knowing Christ in me, and without it I don't think I would have been prepared to accept the gospel and be baptized.

Anyway, here are some more quotes about reading and/or books for you today, that I heard in one of my classes.

"My own eyes are not enough for me; I will see through those of others."
-C.S. Lewis

"No man can be called friendless who has God and the companionship of a good book."
-Elizabeth Barrett Browning

-Henry David Thoreau



No comments:

Post a Comment