Wednesday, November 19, 2014

My Missionary

My friend Charity just left on her mission. I miss her so, so much already even though she just left this morning. It seems different than when she went to college even. I guess it could just be that she's leaving for a full year and a half, and that two of my other friends and my brother are either gone or getting ready to leave, too.
Charity is a really, really wonderful person. I am incredibly proud of her for choosing to spend this portion of her life sharing the gospel and helping others have the happiness that the gospel brings. Alabama is so lucky to have her.
Pretty much, she's going to be the best missionary. She's already been one of the best friends, teachers, and (kind of) sisters. She will change the world.



3 comments:

  1. As a side note, it's incredibly painful for people to leave. I spent a significant portion of last night crying over her. Still worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Megan Halverson. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am glad to stop by your blog "Graceful Ponderings" and the post on it " My Missionary". Very touching what you shared about Charity. I am moved by your expression. I have high regard for missionaries who went all over the world sharing the gospel and bringing people to Christ. Missionaries came to India and my parents are the fruit of missionaries labor. Thank you for your love for Charity. Lift her in your prayers as she face challenges being in new country, new people, new language and new surrounding. Your prayers are going to strengthen her. I am in the PASTORAL MINISTRY in Mumbai, India and please be assured of my prayers for Charity. If you are able to give me some more information I will keep praying for her. Well let me share with you the program our church has for the young people as well as adults from the West. Mumbai is a city know for her contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. we reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short / long term missions trip to work with us in the slums of Mumbai during their vacation time. We would love to have you come with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. God's richest blessings on you. Praying for you as you seek God's direction in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. <3
    Charity and I appreciate your prayers and your service to God's children. I'll be praying for your efforts to be blessed and strengthened.

    ReplyDelete