Monday, September 22, 2014

Eli

Yesterday I was able to spend a few hours with my brother Eli. I love him dearly. Before and after a church event yesterday we got to just hang out. Time just with me and my brother.
Work, church, and various social things get in the way of being able to hang out with him. It makes me so sad, because I need a little more of him in my life.
He is so steady, kind, patient, gentle, funny, and hardworking. He always treats me like a princess, even though I am sometimes very rude and saucy. He protects me. He helps me. He makes me smile. He teaches me.
Oh, and let's not forget his talents. He plays the guitar really well, and I love hearing him sing. He's good with children. He's super strong. He is methodical. He's able to calm people down so they actually start thinking. He serves in every possible aspect. Oh, and by now he should be excellent at cleaning gutters and windows, having been in his job for quite a few months.
He's leaving sometime in the next few months. He is going to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and spread the gospel. He's going to share his testimony courageously.
But I will miss him enormously. He is one of my biggest inspirations. I look up to him, and I always will. He's my big brother.

2 comments: