Tuesday, April 14, 2015

You, At Your Best

I am a passionate woman. I am curious. I ask questions, and I don’t accept things just because people tell me to. I love deeply and freely. I laugh often. I am kind and compassionate. I care about all those who surround me, and sometimes my heart aches because I just care so very much. I am humble enough to admit my mistakes, even when it’s hard. I get back up and keep going, because I have that essential stubbornness that just keeps me going. I am wise enough to know that I don’t know everything. I am motivated not by what the world or any organization tells me, but by what I feel in my heart. Passion fills my life. I follow my dreams. I boldly proclaim truth, and I also listen. I find my own truth and help others on their way. I am a mother. I am a warrior.

The above was something I wrote in my class the other day when asked to write about who I am at my best. Do I live up to that vision all the time? No. Sadly, I fall very short. But I can be that and I have been. It's what I aspire to be.
Who are you at your best? When have you seen glimpses of the potential you have? Remember the times when you have been dazzled by who you truly are. I want you to write who you really are, right now. Chase after that person. Grow into yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment